Of things said by Venezuelan Government officials and Fidel Castro today and my first two instictive answers to these statements:
—Vice-President Rangel: “Venezuela is Latin America’s most stable country”
1) Allende and Pinochet used to say the same thing about Chile
2) Does he know Costa Rica is in Latin America?
—Head of Corpovargas: “The Comptroller’s Office has revised and intervened (?) all of the finances of the Corporation without finding any corruption”
1) The Comptroller’s Office has not found any corruption in Venezuela in the last six years.
2) Somebody is not doing their job.
—President of the CNE: “I think it would be difficult to hold recall referenda against National Assembly Deputies”
1) It would not be the fist time you violate the rights of the voters
2) Didn’t the Supreme Court cancel the vote; doesn’t the law say you have to hold them after 92 days of gathering the signatures?
—Fidel Castro: “Still not enough Doctors In Cuba”
1) We have some Cuban doctors in Venezuela we could send you, but maybe they are not even Doctors!
2) What if we send you Venezuelan Doctors instead of all that oil? Our Government simply does not want to hire them.